Sant Baba Harjit Singh Ji delivered a lecture on the life of Sikh Gurus and Bhai Lalo Ji, the first disciple and Missionary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikh Religion. Some poetry was also read out, whilst a presentation was made to Baba Harjit Singh Ji Bhamra by various organisations. At the end of the programme Guru Ka Langar was served by Sardar Joginder Singh Bhambra and family. Sardar Nirmal Singh Kandhawali of Walsall was the stage secretary for the function. The functions organiser was Sant Vasdev Singh Bhamrah who gave thanks to Baba Ji and well wishers for their attendance. Baba Ji was honoured with a Mala (108 beads rosary), Loi (woollen sheet) a gift pen and some donations made by his admirers for his remarkable community work.
Baba Harjit Singh Bhamra, aged 56, is the founder of Bhai Lalo Sewa Ashram International Ludhiana, Punjab, India. He is a good writer, poet, singer and an active function organiser for the Punjabi community. Every year he also sets up a medical camp offering free treatment to the less fortunate on birth anniversary of Bhai Lalo Ji.
Names of Organisational Representatives at the Welcome Reception in honour of Sri Sant Baba Harjit Singh Ji Bhamra. Founder of Bhai Lalo Sewa Ashram International - Ludhiana, Punjab, India. Venue held recently at PUNJABI BHAVAN, 2R’s Community Resource Centre, MOORFIELDS ROAD, WOLVERHAMPTON-WV2 4QT (UK)
1. Dr. Rattan Singh Reehal – Founder Director 2R’s Community Resource Centre,
Wolverhampton and Chair - Progressive Punjabi Writers Forum, Wolverhampton.
2. S. Nirmal Singh Kandhawali (Bhui) Renowned Journalist, Poet and Speaker.
3. Sant Kuldip Singh Ubhi – Secretary, Namdhari Sikh Sangat, Birmingham.
4. S. Lachman Singh Bhamra - Public Relation Officer, Ramgarhia Sikh Council UK.
5. S. Santokh Singh Bharya - Treasurer, Ramgarhia Sikh Council UK.
6. S. Rajinder Singh Seehra - Secretary ,Ramgarhia Sikh Council UK.
7. S. Satnam Singh Bhamber – Ramgarhia Sikh Council UK and Ramgarhia Sikh Brotherhood, Birmingham.
8. S. Swaran Singh Saggu - Founder Ramgarhia Sikh Heritage Trust Birmingham.
9. S. Bhajan Singh Devsi - Chair- Black Minority Ethnic and President, Ramgarhia Welfare Association Wolverhampton.
10. S. Satnam Singh Matharu- Secretary, Ramgarhia Welfare Association Wolverhampton.
11. S. Gurnam Singh Bhogal - Trustee, Ramgarhia Sabha Wolverhampton.
l2. S. Jodh Singh Bahra - Member Wolverhampton Inter Faith Council.
l3. S. Joginder Singh Bhambra – Ambassador for Peace, Board Member of Wolverhampton Inter-Faith Council, Member and former Secretary, Ramgarhia Sabha, Wolverhampton.
14. Sant Vasdev Singh Bhamrah- Ambassador For Peace, Former Publicity Secretary, Namdhari Sikh Sangat UK and Patron Wolverhampton Inter-faith Council.
15. S. Jagir Singh Dahdra - Renowned Wolverhampton Businessman.
l6. S Jaswant Singh Kalsi – Kalsi School of Motoring Wolverhampton and Member WIFC.
l7. S. Harpal Singh Bhambra- Auto Technical Engineer.
18. S. Harbans Singh Bhogal- Trustee’s Chairman Ramgarhia Board Wolverhampton.
List of Organizations Presented
1. 2R’s Community Resource Centre, Wolverhampton.
2. Progressive Punjabi Writers Forum, Wolverhampton.
3. Ramgarhia Sikh Council-UK.
4. Ramgarhia Sikh Heritage Trust Birmingham.
5. Ramgarhia Sikh Brotherhood, Birmingham.
6. Namdhari Sikh Sangat, Birmingham.
7. Ramgarhia Sabha, Wolverhampton.
8. Ramgarhia Board, Wolverhampton.
9. Ramgarhia Welfare Association, Wolverhampton.
10. Black Minority Ethnic, Wolverhampton.
11. Wolverhampton Inter Faith Council.